12 September 2009

Chicken and Broccoli Pasta

 
Used: 
Wholewheat pasta  
Chicken breast 
Broccoli florets 
   
I used a handful of wholewheat pasta, any type will do, which I put into boiling salted water while I did the rest. 
   
I cut the chicken breast into cubes, which I prefer in pasta. A heated pan with very little olive oil, a teaspoon of the John West crushed garlic (a staple when living alone - the garlic is pretty decent, is precrushed and is in a little oil, and it's quite easy to add to any dish. Not as pubgent as fresh, but infinitely quicker to use.), and the chicken was added in, and stirfried quickly until it browned. 
   
In the last 5 minutes of cooking, I added the broccoli heads to the pasta, put a lid on, and let it steam though. 
   
I had a little of the All Gold Garlic & Herb Sauce left over, from something made last weekend. I added that, and a little bit of low-fat milk to the chicken. I added in the pasta and broccoli, some salt and loads of freshly ground black pepper (I love black pepper), and let it simmer while I washed up the rest of the dishes.    
This could made using a simple white sauce instead of the pre-prepared sauce I'd used,  to which a bit more garlic could be added for extra flavour. 
   
When I was done washing up, I crumbled some feta into the serving bowl, and spooned the pasta mix in and stirred it all together. I haven't managed to get any parmesan yet, so I finely grated some mature cheddar and topped it with that. I love fresh chilli, and I managed to get some earlier this week. I thinly sliced half of one, minus the seeds, and tossed it on top, for added crunch and flavour with no heat. 
   
The meal was very good, and is one I will repeat at another time, perhaps with a few variations. 
   
There was some pasta left over (I always overestimate), so I put that into a bowl with a little water (never leave it dry; you won't be able to use it again), and it went into the fridge, to become part of another dish later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment